Saturday, August 2, 2008

Acadia National Park

July 31- August 1 we went on our first camping trip since William was born. We had a wonderful time. William slept really good in the tent until about 4:30 in the morning when he came in and took over my sleeping bag. We all got up at 6 ate breakfast and took down camp, which William loved. He helped dad take down the tent.
We went on a beautiful short hike up Acadia Mountain. The views were amazing and William made lots of friends on the hike including a cute dog named Lily. We explored the park via car while William slept off the exhausting effort of the hike, (he was carried up in a backpack). Cadillac Mountain is the highest peak on the Atlantic coast and the first place in the US to see the sun every morning. We went to the top and took some great pictures.
Then we had a lovely picnic and went to the beach. It was drizzling and overcast by this time. Tyler was tired so William and I went swimming while dad played in the sand. Mainly I wanted to go swimming to get somewhat clean, and salt water tends not to give you that oh so fresh feeling but hey we were camping. We all got changed and dusted off the sand to head to wonderland, which are tidal pools when it really started to rain. Tyler and I decided that setting up a tent in the rain wouldn't be too much fun so we left the park and started the four hour drive home.
Uncle Larry will be happy to know that we ate a Moody's Diner, or should I say dinah on the way there and Kelley will be happy to know we stopped at Friendly's on the way home. William had a wonderful time and loved camping. He loved getting dirty which of course drove me crazy as I tried to wipe down every inch of him with baby wipes. (I used a whole case on the trip) Overall it was a very fun trip, short and sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! A blog! That's great. And three cheers for Moody's Diner. Can't say the same for Friendly's, but then I am a food snob too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippeeeee!!!! You have a blog. Hopefully you are better about posting on yours than I am on mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have a blog!!! We need to get together now that we are both here in New England. So glad you have joined the blogosphere...I'll add you to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful there. William is so big! He's beautiful. Sounds like you're way busy but hopefully you get to post some so I can spy on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Acadia looks beautiful. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete