Friday, March 6, 2009

The POWER of BUBBLES

I am so bad at keeping up on the blogging thing. But I promised Stacie my sister-in-law that I would blog at least once a month so that our family and friends could see William. I am only three months late, oops.
This last month we were hit pretty hard by some big storms that once again knocked out the power for three days, just long enough for us to come to our senses and get a hotel. Actually, I was on my way to my brothers house to take a shower and Erinn just happened to stop by the Hotel to see if we could get a room. "You can check in right now", were the words that sealed the deal, and so at 7:00 am in my BATHROBE, we checked in to the Hampton Inn in Wells.

Of course in the typical McEvoy style, directly after Erinn and I had rented the hotel room and returned home to pack up bathing suits and clothes, the power was on. We made the best of it and stayed in the hotel anyway. When the power goes out on you, we say, go out on the power. Out brilliant plan to stay the night, swim in the pool as much as possible so that we feel like we are getting our moneys worth and eat pizza went well until about bedtime, when we realized that Beth and Erinn have different temperature levels for sleeping, and that two adult women, one preteen and two preschoolers in one room make a lot of noise even while sleeping. It was fun and the kids loved it, bad sleep and all. Much thanks to the many wonderful people at the Hampton Inn in Wells for the discounted rate for residents who lose power. Even if it comes on two minutes after they check in.

Here is a video of Little Wills just a few days ago doing one of his favorite things which is to slay the Bubbles in mommy and daddy's comforter. He is pretty good at it.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh is all we can say--he is so cute, and that little video clip makes us miss him so much!!! Emery says, thank you william, love you, Mason loves him back!!! Hope you're all so happy and well. love the darleys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! He's so big! He's the cutest little boy with his cute blonde haircut.

    ReplyDelete