Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day


11 days ago it was 70 degrees. Today everything was closed including the gas station nearest our house, all the schools, the YMCA, the grocery stores, Tyler's office, everything! I am not complaining. I did put winter coats away after our fishing trip because I thought spring was on our doorstep, however, I welcome the snow. I welcome the reminder of being a Mainer and for Ty, a Utahn. And I welcome finally putting to use the ridiculous amount of winter gear that we have in our Southern closets.
After a lazy morning, we ventured outside. We made a snowman and went sledding down the hill behind our house. We walked to the store where we were the last customers before it closed at 3 pm. (They had only sold $23 worth of food all day) We tried to shovel out ourselves and our neighbors with Ty's tiny backpacking shovel. This evening we cuddled up by the fire that Ty made and crafted our valentine cards and ate yummy soup, also made by Tyler. It was a fun snow day and I was happy that Arkansas only has 4 plows so that Ty could stay home and play with us.
(Tomorrow maybe another story)
(William's snowman. The rocks represent the snowman's stomach and all the food in it, according to Will)

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about you and the storms slamming your neck of the woods. I miss you. Wish we could catch a late night movie together while the husbands watch the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BETH!!!! It's Jenny Smith (Stevens!) AHHHH !!! Kaitlin was over yesterday and told me you had a blog... so i had to find you! oh.... your family is precious!!! Can you believe it's been this long????? Anyways.... just wanted to say that i was thinking about all the fun we had together back in the day! Love!

    ReplyDelete