Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fishing and Flea Markets

I have to give a talk at church in the morning, so naturally I thought I would update my blog at midnight. (next on my list, must finish talk).
Today was a wonderful day because we finally got our furniture!! Yeah!! We are all happy to have a place to rest our bones. It was not hot today in the 80's with a slight breeze, a perfect day for flea market shopping of which I did all afternoon, buying nothing but scheming up great projects that I will probably never do but would be fun just the same. (Other than Walmart there are very few stores but literally 15 flea markets in town. I visited all but two)

Tyler fulfilled one of his dreams, when he took William fishin' this morning. They went to a members farm, The Cars, who are very dear southern folk and have been very welcoming and kind to Tyler and I. First a trip to Walmart where they purchased one transformers fishing rod and a fishing license, then to the Cars farm where they caught not one, but two brim fish, of which William said, "I not to dad, too scary". William also enjoyed the horses and chickens and played with the three black kittens that Mr Car brought home from his last business trip. (Mrs Car is not too pleased with the cats.)


William sat on Tyler's lap while they fished.


Isn't he getting huge? William looks like such a big southern boy posing in front of the chicken coop.



3 comments:

  1. those are definitely humpherys eyes! I thought it was shishing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't BELIEVE how big William's gotten! I want to go to the flea markets with you! I've never been to any flea market. What did you find?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pic by the coop- too funny!

    ReplyDelete