Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shishin', those darn F's



I am on the phone with my mother yap yapping away, when out of the corner of my eye I notice William. The house is messy because I am trying to pack and he has found his way into the clothes basket, (which is my mothers and she is constantly asking me not to steal, oops sorry mum) and is playing some sort of game with himself.

Me: What are you doing William
William: I trying to get it
Me: The ball you mean are you trying to get the ball.

William: No the shish!
Me: what, the ball.
William: No I shishin'
Me(not very quick on the uptake even with my own offspring):What is a shish?
William: I shishin'
Me(finally): oh your fishing.
William: Yeah I shishin'

Maybe we will fit in in Arkansas after all.

I love that all it takes for a 2 1/2 year old to make a game is a household staple like a basket, an old fashioned toy, essentially a ball with string and some imagination. I love to watch William play and see what he conjures up.


It is amazing to me that if television is simply not offered as a option, children will find something else to do usually much more engrossing and fun.
I love that William knows how to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment