Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bowling Night Out



Has anybody ever heard of strip karaoke? We saw this place in Hot Springs when we went camping over Labor Day weekend.
Am I just naive or is this another southern thing? And how does it work anyway? Do you sing and strip at the same time or is it like strip poker, if you sing poorly you have to remove an article of clothing. Or is it just a marriage of two American pastimes; sing karaoke while watching strippers? I have probably spent too much time wondering about it.

In other news, Tyler and I had our bowling night last night. I almost didn't go but am so glad I did because I bowled a new personal record best, 147. Sweet. We played the "Wolf Prairie Farms" last night. They are a seasoned family bowling team of a mom and dad who are about 300 years old combined and two sons in there 40's, there grown daughter comes too but for support only. They are always the last team to finish no matter who plays them, they are serious bowlers and they are very legit with matching t shirts.
The mom and dad can hardly walk.
They wear arm braces and leg ones too. It takes Momma Wolf about 7 minutes to get herself and her ball up to the line where she simple drops her ball like she's unloading a bag a bricks . Upon which her ball travels at an equally slow rate right down the center of the lane to strike out. Its sad because she bowls better than me and Tyler most games and she looks like she is four minutes from death.
There sons strike out just about every time and one of them insists on you giving him a high five when he does always saying, "here let me share some a dat wit ya'll".
Then he was trying to make conversation with us talking about his brother and how he is a "butter bowler". He said it about three times so finally I asked, "what is a butter bowler?"
My teammate interpreted, "no a BETTER bowler"
oops.
After three games we lost. Our teammates who are two very colorful southern brothers who have the funniest stories in the world and a comment or nickname for everybody in the league usually don't care at all that Tyler and I are awful bowlers, except for last night. The Wolf Prairie Farms really annoy these two and they really wanted to beat them. Sorry guys.

Our fearless team captain

What a Tyler?
Nate our teammate
Can you guess what score is mine

5 comments:

  1. I want to be on your bowling league! Did you know Anthony bowled leagues here in good ol' Heber City USA? He would be so proud if he knew you were an aspiring bowler, and he would be even more excited if he heard me say I wanted to bowl on leagues too. But only with you, Bethie, only with you, would I want to league bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be on your team as well! I am still chuckling about the butter bowler!!!! You've got to write down your experiences there in the south I have a feeling they will all be equally as entertaining. Why is it the people who's balls roll so slowly down the lane like my grandma or my niece always get such good scores? And Stripper Karaoke? No clue. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should get in contact with a professional in the sport of bowling to find out what type of bowling shoes will be best suited for your game. Browse this site to know more about urethane bowling ball.

    ReplyDelete