Saturday, August 27, 2011

Locked Out!



(you can kindof see the patio in our new place)

William and I spent three hours this afternoon locked out of our new condo on the patio. We yelled for help but no one heard us.(I have a sneaking suspicion that my neighbor heard but at present can not confirm.) Finally we hollered down some nice neighbor who called Tyler to "save us", as William says. The neighbor left a message for tyler.

"Hello Sir-
I am your neighbor, You've never met me.
Your wife has locked herself on your patio with your son
You're welcome to call back
My name is Greg."

William and I waited.
We played our longest ever game of "I'm thinking of an animal"
William cheats. He gives me one or two clues and becomes impatiently annoyed at my inability to guess immediately then he cups his hand and whispers the answer in my ear. He resumes the game as though nothing has happened and when I tell him the answer he congratulates me like I'm...well...a four-year-old.
"Good job, mum, you are a great guesser!!!"

We watched a turtle surface and submerge and resurface in the lake. We observed a family of ducks paddle up and down the dock that runs parallel our building. We saw half a dozen hummingbirds. We watched what looked like a herring perch himself on a boat and then fly lazily away.
I tried to get William to take a nap. I tried to teach William some Spanish. We sang our favorite songs. I sang
"sitting on the dock of the bay watchin' the tide roll away" unfortunately for William those are the only words of the song I know.

Check out our favorite song HERE
William loves to sing "ALABAMA ARKANSAAAAAAAAAAW"

Of course Tyler did not have a second all day and did not get the message til it was quitting time anyway. He came and "saved us". I was amazed at a few things. Firstly how little William complained. He never really did that I can remember.
Secondly that I can't recall the last time I spent three uninterrupted hours with my son doing nothing but just being with him. After such a busy week paying so little attention to Will as I packed up the old house, it was actually really nice getting locked out with him. I cant think of anyone else I would rather be locked out with than William. He is a fun boy even if he is a cheater.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it I would have been freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great attitude to have! Three hours! Did you get sunburned?

    ReplyDelete